~ End of the Story ~

The Final Few Pics Before I Sold It

All content on this site is copyrighted property, and may not be copied or reproduced without permission

"Don't Wait For Opportunity - Create It"

This is the end of the story.

Unfortunately, after the initial push to get the rebuild done, I ran out of time to actively pursue its completion. Work was very busy, I was paying for a new truck, I was doing a lot of work out of town and the project got sat aside for later. Later became a year, then 2, then 3, 4, 5 years. That grew into 8 years of sitting in my driveway with no further effort put into completing it. The last work done on it was in June of 2006.

I also was getting a new business underway in 2008, and that took a lot of my time.

These last few pictures were taken 8 1/2 years after I put the project aside. My marriage failed, we sold our home and I had to get rid of the Citation. I found this sad, as I really wanted to finish putting it back together. I put it up for sale in the local Craigslist and sold it for $1700. That was a fraction of what I had into it. I never did really tally up the total cost, but I figure it cost me around $3500 in materials I bought to do the rebuild. In addition to that, I figure I have somewhere around 1000 hours into it.

Oh well! It was fun while it lasted!

Last Look at the Inside:

After sitting for over 8 years these pics are how it looked just prior to selling it. After I shot these, I cleaned out all my personal things, my tools, misc stuff that wound up being stored there and more. Looks pretty much the same as back a few pages when I presented the freshly rebuilt work.  I wonder to this day if it ever was completed. The guy I sold it to was keenly interested in finishing it for his own use. There was still a fair amount left to do yet. All new propane lines needed to be run, and then the appliances cleaned up and put back in. I had bought replacement things such as the stove hood and another stove too. The fridge worked perfectly. I had it hooked up to 110V in the garage for many years straight and used it for extra food storage space.

IMG_0311_1_1.JPG
IMG_0313_1.JPG

Click on Images to Enlarge

IMG_0315_1.JPG
IMG_0312_1_1.JPG
IMG_0316_1.JPG

Last Look at the Outside:

Poor old thing sat untouched in my driveway for al those years. The wet climate didn't do it any favors that's for sure. I think I washed it twice in that time and as you can tell in the pics, it needed a bath again. I had sheets of aluminum covering the windows to keep the weather out. It mostly worked, but I found that some water crept in here and there. I kept it as dry as possible. There was a bit of staining on the inside in a few places. Oh well....

IMG_9285 Enhanced.jpg
IMG_9288 Enhanced.jpg
IMG_9283 Enhanced.jpg
IMG_9279 Enhanced.jpg
IMG_9281 Enhanced.jpg

Well, there you have it, the end of the rebuild story.

I hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I enjoyed putting this site together. I really thought I would have this website project done many months ago. It was a lot more work than I ever thought it would be.

I sincerely hope that the information presented here will help some of you who are looking to try your own rebuild project. Good luck to you all!